Trying to sell your home in Myrtle Beach?
So you've called Jake Lee and you've made up your mind that you're house is going to sell before months end. While the right Realtor is important.. staging your home is equally as important and that's the first thing that Jake will advise you to do when he comes over.
Below is a list of 30 budget friendly tips to get your home show ready !
1. Get Rid of the Grime - Dirt, mold, and grime can accumulate over the years. Get rid of it with a 1:1 parts solution of water and bleach.
2. Make Your Glass Shower Door Shine Again - Use 10 parts water to 1 part muriatic acid and a lot of elbow grease to get rid of filmy residue without replacing the door. For best results use a steel wool pad.
3. Paint Over Dated Tile - Yes, you can paint tile! You’ll need to coat them with high-adhesion primer first. Then, use a ceramic epoxy covering to get a whole new look.
4. Replace Cabinet Sinks with Pedestals - This can instantly increase the visual space in a tiny bathroom and make it seem bigger. Need help with remodeling ? Call All American Restoration in Myrtle Beach at 843-222-1662
5. Decorate for Him and Her in the Bedroom - You want prospective buyers to visualize themselves living there. If the bedroom is too girly, the guy won’t like it and vice-versa.
6. Make Your Old Brick Fireplace a Star Again - Red brick can stick out like a sore thumb in modern decorating schemes. To update the look, simply rub a light coat of pain from a rag or brush onto each individual brick, without covering it completely. This will create an entirely different color effect. You can even match the paint on adjoining walls for a textured look that matches.
7. Update Fireplace Screens Too - Remove the screen and tape the windows off. Then, use a $5 can of heat-resistant spray paint in the color of your choice to bring it back to life.
8. Bring Your Stone Fireplace Back to Life - Remove the screen or update it. Use stone color enhancer to bring the stone surface back from the dead. Make sure everything is as clean as possible too.
9. Stain Cabinets - Instead of replacing or refacing cabinets, see if you can stain them first. Add new hardware too.
10. Faux Steel Appliances - It’s easy to fake steel appliances by adding stainless-steel stick-on coverings.
11. Fill In Holes - Whether it’s plaster for the wall or wood glue for filling in holes in wood furniture, make sure they are filled.
12. Use Stone Remnants - Want a high-end look at a fraction? Use stone remnants for granite or marble counter-tops on select areas of the kitchen. Call Affordable Granite in Conway SC at (843) 286-7355 to see what they might have available
13. Add “New” Appliances - Check out craigslist or buy secondhand newer appliances and replace old or non-functioning ones.
14. Create Your Own Window Treatments - You can use placemats sown together or create your own custom window treatment at a fraction of the cost of new curtains.
15. Refinish Wood Floors - You may need to sand and polish them, but they pay back in the “wow” factor.
16. Stage Built-Ins with Neutral Things - Make sure to only put a few things in built-in bookcases so as not to make them too personal or cluttered.
17. Maximize Curb Appeal - Add flowers, paint shutters, and upgrade the look of stonework by cleaning and sealing it.
18. Stage the Deck - Sand it, clean it, and add some outdoor furniture.
19. Liven Up Outdoor Brick Patios - In the same way you livened up a brick fireplace, you can also dab paint on bricks outdoors too.
20. Maintain a Neutral Tone Throughout - Wall paints should be neutral and clutter should be removed from sight.
21. Cover Up Wood Panels - Add wood filler to the cracks and sponge off the excess. Then, paint.
22. Use Painter’s Tape and Your Imagination - Outline where you want to move furniture and you’’ll be able to visualize it better in your head without the extra effort. Once you have the perfect spot, move it.
23. Mix Vinyl Up - Vinyl tiles places in exact patterns can come off rather artificial. Mix it up a bit for a more natural effect.
24. Bring the Sun In - That can be done with see-through curtains or just opening the blinds. Have your open house during daylight hours.
25. Give Each Room a Unique Purpose - If you’re not sure what a spare bedroom might be, make it a spare office.
26. Get Rid of Weird Smells - Pull up smelly carpeting and seek to eliminate all foreign odors in the house.
27. Less Is More - Get rid of most possession, storing them away from the home when you’re doing a showing.
28. Reduce Clutter in Closets and Storage Areas - You want the prospective buyer to see storage space, lots and lots of it, not your possessions. Storage space sells.
29. Create Better Flow - That can mean changing out rectangular dining tables for rounded ones to give the illusion of more space or rearranging your furniture in better ways for foot traffic.
30. Create a Bigger Floor Space - By using the same flooring material in adjoining rooms, you create the illusion of more floor space. Use same vinyl tile in the kitchen and dining area, for instance.
Want to know more? Call Jake Lee at 843-240-0431. Jake offers professional grade staging advice to get your home sold in Myrtle Beach in less than 30 days.
What If You Don’t Have the Time to Stage Your Home?
Obviously, all these things take time and effort. Sometimes, time is at a premium and you need to sell fast. If you are in a pinch and don’t have time to sell your home, Jake Lee is able to bring immediate cash buyers to purchase your home in as-is condition in less than 24 hours. Call today.